<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Thursday, December 27, 2012
12:29 AM

It's Boxing Day today, and as Wikipedia puts it, "In Britain, Canada, New Zealand and Australia, Boxing Day is primarily known as a shopping holiday". This was my first Boxing Day spent in Australia, so I made sure I got up early today to hit the shopping malls. Well, it wasn't exactly early... by the time I reached the city it was already 10. I'm sure there were people who actually queued in the middle of the night to get into stores that opened really early (like 5 AM).

I have to say, it was an eye-opening experience. There were people everywhere and all the clothing shops were so congested it was almost impossible to do any shopping. And there's nothing I hate more than crowded shops. The department stores even had security guards at every escalator to manage the crowd filing onto it. I should have taken some pictures, but I guess I was just too busy navigating through the horde of shoppers.

In the afternoon, I went to the cinema again to watch "Wreck-It Ralph". I said "again" because I've been visiting the cinema at least once a week since my holidays started. It's really bad for my wallet. I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent on movies... Anyway, the movie was great! It was funny, witty, and charming. It was much better than "Rise of the Guardians". That was probably one of the less impressive movies I've watched in my holidays. It was just alright for me. I was annoyed by the Santa who does not look like Santa at all. Perhaps I was just in a crabby mood that day, because many people seemed to enjoy the movie. Jack Frost was cute though.

Still, nothing beats Les Misérables. My current film of the year! I should probably go and watch it again... Maybe with Ah Boy when he comes back :) I'm sure he would enjoy Anne Hathaway incredibly... who wouldn't?! I am still reeling from "I Dreamed a Dream"...