Saturday, March 24, 2012
1:05 AM
Hello! I'm here to share happy things again.
So, yesterday was fun. I went to Grill'd with Ah Boy for lunch. He had this coupon from a magazine, so we had two burgers for the price of one. We had Moroccan lamb burgers and they were so good. For $12, it was a pretty good deal. After burgers, Ah Boy spontaneously dragged me to Il Dolce Freddo for gelato. It was a sunny day - good weather for gelato. I had roché and pistachio, and it was Ah Boy's treat! The gelati was super delicious. Whoever comes to Melbourne will also have me drag them there.
After uni, I travelled to South Melbourne. I got a phone call a week ago, inviting me to join a focus group (for research) to improve the university IT courses. I don't think I'm allowed to speak much about it, but yeah, 7 of us were in this conference room with food, and we spent two hours or so just having a discussion and chatting. It was so much fun and I got to meet all these great people. You know what the best part was? We all get paid for it. I got 80 bucks. Just for sitting there and voicing out my opinions for two hours. And eating. The thing ended at around 8 PM and it was a terrific experience.
Today was an even better day for me. I love Fridays in general. Who doesn't? It's the end of the week! On top of that, Friday is my "breadth subject day" this semester. I have my project management tute and lecture on Fridays. I don't take the subject seriously, which is probably bad, so I slack a bit on Fridays. It was really cold today and super windy. I love the cold because I do a lot of walking around, and I just hate sweating on my way to lectures. Hate the wind.
So, I have interesting friends in project management. We've been put into groups for our semester project, and there's this woman in my group/class who is from Chile. She's 28, a Masters student, and just came to Melbourne with her boyfriend (who is studying as well) in January. She looks so young but is incredibly mature, and she's just so full of life. I guess people from South America tend to be like that. I absolutely adore her. I wished everyone could be like her! After the lecture today, we went to do some shopping at the city before I went to watch The Hunger Games.
So how was the movie? It was AMAZING. For a movie that is supposedly targeted at teens and young adults, it was surprisingly well made. I'm not gonna lie, I initially feared that it would end up like Twilight - with a mediocre cast and whatnot. The Hunger Games cinematography was very tasteful. I am even more ecstatic about the cast. Jennifer Lawrence portrayed Katniss flawlessly. She was almost like how I imagined the character would be. She has the swagger, the conviction and emotional prowess to nail the role completely. I was very impressed by her performance. The same goes to Josh Hutcherson. He was everything Peeta should be. I just couldn't be happier about the acting. There were a couple of things different from the book though, but you can't possibly stay 100% true to the book, can you? A major one was (spoiler alert) Peeta didn't lose his leg at the end of the movie, whereas in the book, he got his leg amputated. I don't mind it though. It would be too sad to see him lose a leg. Overall, I am incredibly satisfied with the movie. I wanna watch it again so badly. I am having withdrawals right now, argh...
