Saturday, February 25, 2012
11:58 PM
Hi guys! Apart from missing everything about Brunei, and the current weather in Melbourne, I am doing well. It gets up to 37 degrees (warmer than Brunei), and the sun is just scorching hot. It’s like something piercing at your skin. There are no clouds in the sky.
Walking into the departure hall was kinda hard the other day. I didn’t cry, but I had to try so hard to force back tears. I know I sound like a baby, but I am a daddy and mummy’s girl, y’know. Sometimes I just feel like I’ll never grow up. I prolly spent too much time with them, and they do coddle me a lot. I miss my sister and brother too. I still get really sad these past few days when I’m alone at home, but I try to pack up the tears and be optimistic about things. Before leaving home, grandpa said, “用功读书。” Dad said, “照顾自己。用功读书。“ Mum said, “不要酱 stress。要开开心心。照顾自己。” So I’m trying my best to do all those things.
The flight to Melbourne was horrible. I f-ing hate transits. My butt and legs hurt from all the sitting, and I couldn’t get any sleep at all. The airplane food was surprisingly good though, and I did watch “The Adventures of Tintin” and “Johnny English Reborn”. Still, it was torture sitting on a plane, in the sky, in the middle of no where, waiting for 8 hours to pass. It wasn’t even an aisle seat! How terrible is that. Ah that reminds me, there was this (Asian) couple sitting to my left and they were really intimate. I was so disgusted. Get a room, man.
Once reaching the apartment, I unpacked a little, had a shower and then had a short nap. I woke up and a few minutes later, the new housemate came knocking on my door to introduce himself. He’s a really really nice guy, probably the best housemate yet. He is super neat and tidy. He cleaned the bathroom, the kitchen and the living room. Of course I didn’t know how the apartment looked like for the past few months, but based on what I heard, the Chinese bastards had a pretty good damn time wrecking the place. I am so glad I wasn’t here to witness the disaster. Now that they’re gone, Ching and I couldn’t be any happier. We get along pretty well with the new guy, cause he’s Malaysian and all (he can’t speak Mandarin though). We no longer hide in our rooms behind closed doors, and this place is starting to feel a little bit more homey.
I spent yesterday and today just doing some hardcore cleaning. I wiped and dusted every corner of my room, cleaned every drawer, rearranged my wardrobe, organized my bookshelf, cleaned my pantry, changed my sheets, polished my sliding doors... Today, I cleaned the rice cooker, slow cooker, scrubbed all my pots and pans, washed all my plates, bowls, cutlery... Everything was dirty and sticky, thanks to the Chinese bastards.
I feel good, now that everything is clean and in order. Now I have to worry about getting ready for uni, and cooking. I’ve just taken a look at my subjects’ information, notes, assessments and stuff, and hell, everything looks difficult. I’m already feeling a little stressed. I take back what I said earlier... I do not miss uni at all. As for cooking, it’s just hard you know? I want to eat healthy and eating out is never an option because it’s just too freaking expensive! I have to cook. But what to cook? This question drives me nuts every single day. I haven’t been doing a lot of cooking in the last three months, so it’s hard to get back to it now. Right now I’m just surviving on sandwiches, cereals, eggs, spinach, fruits... the simple stuff you know. Oh yea, bananas are $2.98/kg now. (Hooray!)
Australian currency has also appreciated (Fun taught me this word) in value. It’s freaking ‘high’ now. Transportation cost has also increased... I have to keep an even more careful watch on my spendings now. Sigh.
