<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Friday, February 17, 2012
2:43 AM


I’ve had quite a busy day today. I did a lot of driving. I don’t think I’ve driven for this long before.

I drove the Prado and brought mum and dad to Supa Save at KB to do some grocery shopping. It was a bit intimidating, but I enjoyed it. After we’re done, we went to visit my aunt’s dessert house that’s opening very soon. It’s called “Guilingao (龟苓膏) Dessert House” and it’s at Komplek Harapan, right where Supa Save is. It’s been a dream of my aunt’s to own a place where people can enjoy coffee, tea, nutritious desserts and healthy snacks. She has quit her job and is now living her dream. She will be Brunei’s sole distributor of Hong Kong’s 海天堂’s herbal jelly (龟苓膏). The shop will also be selling traditional Chinese desserts like bird’s nest and snow jelly, and snacks like spring onion pancake (葱油饼) and bubble waffle (鸡蛋仔).

Personally, I love my aunt’s spring onion pancake and I’d highly recommend trying it. The place looks great too! Unfortunately I won’t be here when the shop opens, but I look forward to visiting it when I come back in June. I hope my aunt has a lot of success with the shop. It’s nice to see her so excited about it. I’ve been a “participant” in many of her “food experiments”, and I am excited too. Today her staff were there and I met Nuraini. I was actually the one who told her about my aunt’s shop because I heard from mum that she wants to work while waiting for studying opportunities. I didn’t expect her to contact my aunt, so it was a nice surprise to see her there.

Before heading home, we went to Soon Lee to buy more stuff. After dinner at home, I drove my bro and my cousin to their tuition class at KB. Hah, quite a lot of driving, eh? I'd say I’m not too bad at it...

Fun has left to Kuching. Now I really am alone here in Brunei. Six more days until it's my turn to leave. I have to start packing soon...