<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Tuesday, February 14, 2012
7:37 PM

Happy Valentine’s Day!

The day has never been special to me, but it’s still nice to get dinner with friends later tonight.

I’ve been thinking a lot lately. Well, what else could I do? With Chinese New Year gone, I’m almost bored to death at home. My holidays are coming to an end very soon, and I felt very sad about it at first. But like I said, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking. I’ve spent time to remember what life is like in Melbourne. Yeah, I actually had to put in the effort to recall. I guess you can say I’m bracing myself for the change that is coming. After all, I’ve taken three months off of that life, and three months is no short period. Now I remember I have to do the laundry, clean my room, cook (what a headache), do assignments, visit the temple, live on a budget... No family. A few friends?

It’s not that bad though. I remember I did enjoy semester 2 of first year. That made me feel better. Also, Ching just told me two days ago that our pain-in-the-ass housemates have moved out. They are gone for good! Now I don’t mind going back at all. I’m just praying that my landlord finds a better housemate for us this time. Dear God, please.

And then I thought about the things I could do when I go back. Great Internet, sipping on lattes, online shopping, chilly weather... I do miss the place sometimes. Like when I get really bored at home, I wish I was visiting coffee shops and bookstores in Melbourne instead. When it gets really noisy and annoying at home, I wish I was enjoying the quiet and peace in my bedroom in Melbourne. When shit happens, I wish I wasn’t in Brunei so I don’t have to deal with it. Thinking about all of these changed my mind. I am actually looking forward to going back to Melbourne. There’s really no point to stay in Brunei right now. Everyone’s busy with school and work, and I just hate sitting around at home doing nothing at all. I’d rather be going to lectures and buying groceries.

I know I’ll miss home, but I’m hoping I won’t shed tears this time.