Sunday, January 1, 2012
2:42 PM
Happy new year, everyone!

I bought a pocket-sized Moleskine planner ahead of new year this time. Usually I just get one after new year. So does that mean I'm subconsciously ready for a brand new year more than I have ever been? Maybe? Perhaps not?
Looking back, I cannot call any other year more life-changing than 2011. I have seen so much, experienced so much and learnt so much. I enjoyed a long holiday after A Levels, spent a great Chinese New Year with family and friends, and then received my more than satisfactory A Levels result. After Chinese New Year, I flew to Australia for the first time. I had so many firsts there. Living on my own for the first time, doing my laundry for the first time, buying my own groceries for the first time, travelling around alone for the first time, flying alone for the first time, going to uni for the first time... and the list goes on. In between, there were hard times and good times but I managed.
I don't think I have ever achieved any of my new year resolutions. I've decided on my new year resolutions a week ahead of new year's eve, and this time, I hope I'll stick to them until the end of the year. First of all, I want to pursue a healthier lifestyle and lose weight. I would say I lived quite a healthy lifestyle during semester two in Melbourne. It's just really hard to do that in Brunei. You can't choose what to eat because your family and friends can't eat bird or rabbit food with you. Life is too good here that you just don't get motivated at all. Hopefully 2011 will be the last year for me to be FAT. Sounds like an impossible feat, but I accept the challenge and I will try.
Secondly, I want to continue to do well in uni. Not just get good grades, but improve my social skills, communication skills and meet more new people! Lastly, I'm hoping I will be able to find a decent part-time job when I go back to Melbourne. I think I'm old enough by now to step into society. It will be difficult to balance work and my studies, but I would love to be able to support myself financially sometimes. Most of all, I would like to gain some work experience for use after I graduate. It would also be cool to be able to start saving some money for myself. I'm still young and there are so many things I haven't done and seen in the world. Time flies and I gotta hold on to it!
So, 2012. I don't know what this year will bring, I don't know how second year of software engineering looks like, but here's to a healthier, stronger, leaner, fitter, wiser, and better me. Cheers!
