Sunday, January 15, 2012
12:31 AM
Tomorrow, I celebrate my 20th birthday (Chinese calendar). I realize I'm no longer looking forward to my birthdays anymore (a sign of growing old?), but it's always nice to have cake. I've already got an early birthday gift from mum and dad in Singapore. It was a Pandora bracelet, and I absolutely adore it.
I've been doing some cleaning for the past few days, and also helping with Chinese New Year decorations. I'm excited about Chinese New Year, but after that, I'll be dreading and counting down the days until I leave Brunei. I've also watched a few Taiwanese series recently. Just yesterday I finished "醉後決定愛上你". Yeah, surprise surprise. It was actually really good. I loved it. I was particularly impressed by Rainie Yang. I didn't know how well she could act.
I also have good news to share: I finally got my driver's licence! My driving instructor was Wong. He taught my dad, my uncle, my aunt and is also good friends with my grandma, hence my mum went to look for him without even asking me beforehand. But it was good, I did enjoy learning from him. I learnt for quite a long time, not because I was bad (at least that's what I think) but he wanted me to understand everything and be comfortable on the road before allowing me to take the test. I think I spent nearly 20 hours learning (neither of us was counting). He taught me so many things, stuff that I didn't even need to know to pass the test. He explained every situation I encountered on the road to me clearly and welcomed my questions. The fact that we communicate in Chinese also made everything so much easier. When he knew I was finally confident with myself, he let me take the test. It was a good experience. You know, I've heard the things people say about him (as a driving instructor), so I was a bit skeptical at first. But now I truly know that you should never judge a person based on the things you hear.
