<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Friday, October 28, 2011
11:37 PM

Today was the last day of uni for me. I'm done with my first year of uni! Well, if you don't include the exams, that is. I'm really happy that I don't need to go to uni anymore. I'm a person who enjoys life at home, even if it means I have to study.

So my presentation for my Informatics final project went pretty well! I don't think anyone else in my workshop put in as much effort as we did. Everyone's movie search engine worked perfectly. The only differences were in the design, user interface and extra features of everyone's work.

After having shown my dad and Ah Boy my group's application, I am here to show it off to the world once again. Dad was really impressed and was so into it. He kept testing the app and gave me lots of comments. Ah Boy kept saying how beautiful it was! I was very pleased.

Ladies and gentlemen, The Box Office!


Front page of the web application. Vintage/old ticket machine design. Supports OR and AND search. Lights to indicate the version that is being used.

Let's type in "harry potter" and hit "enter".


And we get:


Harry Potter movies displayed as a series of vintage movie tickets, each complete with movie poster, star rating, movie information, etc. Clicking "Show/Hide More" shows you additional movie information not displayed on the ticket.


When we displayed our app on the projector, all the guys literally went "wow" and they started laughing among themselves. I guess they didn't expect to see what they saw. My lecturer who was there was also smiling! After the presentation, I got asked a few questions about the design. Some guys wanted to know how I did it and some asked if I did all the graphics myself. My lecturer said it was a very good design. After the workshop the guys came up to me and told me I could do freelance web design. I was very flattered and didn't even know what to say!

I'm proud of what we've done and I hope we'll get good marks for this project. Even though the appearance of the application looks good, unfortunately I think the underlying codes that make the app work are more important. I hope we score lots of bonus marks though!