Thursday, October 13, 2011
6:33 PM
It's almost the end of the week, which is why I'm able to blog today. I've been feeling like a machine after the mid semester break. I have too many assignments on my hands and everyday it's just work work work.
My group started working on the final project for Informatics on Monday. That gives us about two weeks to complete it. We have to develop a web application in this project. It's a movie search engine that allows you to search for movies by entering a keyword. Kind of like Google, but simpler.
You know, there aren't a lot of girls in Informatics 2. In fact, I can count the number of girls just with my both hands. I think there are only 7 or 8 of us. The rest are guys. Pretty crazy, I know. The cool thing is that I am in a group with two other girls. They are pretty good friends of mine now. I'm not surprised if we are the only all girl group. That's kind of why I feel even more strongly about doing well for this project. We have to do a presentation of our application on the last week of uni and I wish to catch the boys off guard and blow their socks away. It's not easy but we're working hard to achieve the best. I'm working on the CSS and HTML of the application, i.e. the design and look of the application. It's taking me a long time because I'm not easily satisfied.
Anyway, if you think about it, there aren't any prominent female figures in the field of IT and computing at all! We have Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Stephen Wolfram, bla bla bla... I mean, where's the girl power?!
But honestly, if we can pull this off, wow the boys, and get good marks, that will be something. POWER TO THE WOMEN!
