<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Tuesday, September 27, 2011
8:49 PM

I had a pretty good day today. Don't you just love writing a long to-do list and then scratching them out one by one? I finished an online quiz I've almost forgotten about, did my laundry, tidied up my mountain of notes and went grocery shopping.

I love grocery shopping! I love writing a shopping list and then towing my "shopping trolley" along to Coles. I usually just get what's on my list, but you can't help browsing all the fresh food there, and then come across items that give you the inspiration for a dish. Everytime there are surprises in the aisles - newly released items and items that you'd never noticed before. I usually avoid the junk food aisles, but today I couldn't help myself and bought a Picnic bar. They were on sale! Just 92 cents! I would have loved to buy more but yeah...

A funny thing happened today. The cashier made a mistake and charged my four mandarin oranges for $250! I was looking at the monitor and my heart stopped when I saw the total. I noticed the price for the oranges on the screen and then I told her about it. She changed it and then apologized profusely. She's an old granny and was really really sweet. She kept calling me 'gorgeous' and 'darling'. "I must have given you a heart attack!" she said. It was lucky that I was paying attention!  What an interesting experience. $250 for four oranges... those would have been some kind of super rare oranges!

Nothing like steaming sesame glutinous balls on a rainy morning.


Scrumptious salad I made for dinner. Mixed veggies with turkey ham shreds, hard-boiled eggs, croutons, parmesan cheese and thousand island dressing. I can live on this everyday.