<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Tuesday, August 2, 2011
11:46 PM


I had a great Friday last week, catching up with Sam and hanging out with Ah Boy. Ah Boy brought me to have dinner at Petaling Street (as usual, Asian food for him) and then we went to watch HP7.2 at IMAX! It was something I'd always wanted to experience so I was really excited. I couldn't tell the difference from a normal 3D movie, but maybe it's just me. The only movie before that that I'd seen in 3D was Tangled and it was an animated movie, so I'm not sure how the unanimated ones compare. I still don't think 3D and I go well together. It hurts my eyes. The screen is massive though! It's about two to three storeys high and the movie almost fills up your vision (depending on where you're sitting). I'd say it's a pretty good experience overall but I still prefer 2D movies.

Well, it's about a week since I've been back here. The first couple of days were awful because to be thrown out of the comforts of home and back to this life alone is just horrible. I've been terribly homesick but I guess I've started to get back into the old rhythm after a week. There is seriously nothing glamorous about studying overseas, I tell you.

Uni has been good so far, probably because Engineering workshops haven't started yet. I really hate workshops because it's three hours long! First module is about digital systems and bits and codes so it's easy for me to grasp (done some in Informatics 1). Informatics 2 - learning about XML, something new to me so I had to take it in slowly. I'm happy to hear that we're gonna learn CSS this semester, it's what I've used to design my blog so that should be interesting...

Maths! I don't remember if I've mentioned this but I quit Accelerated Maths and chose Calculus 2 instead. Less contact hours (I had lectures EVERYDAY for Accelerated Maths 1), less assignments and I actually like my lecturer and tutorial class. It's not that hard yet but I'm not gonna be complacent. I've learned from last semester that it'd be really helpful if you revise throughout semester. I just completed my practise sheet tonight and I'm really happy about it. Hopefully I'll be able to stay on top of things throughout this semester.

I had my first seminar 1 for Japanese 1B today. I am super glad that I don't get the same sensei from last semester because she is so strict and she makes the subject less enjoyable. On the other hand I absolutely adore Nagayama sensei. She's like a loving Japanese grandma! I hope all her seminars are this stress-free and enjoyable.

I guess that's about it about this week... I am relatively free now and I am not used to this. I was used to rushing my assignments and house chores and whatnot. Maybe things will change when the assignments start to pour in. Otherwise, I don't mind having so much free time either :)