Saturday, August 13, 2011
10:35 PM
I had my first Engineering workshop this week. It was much better than last semester's. I've made a couple of friends - met an Indian girl who is also majoring in Software Systems. I have an Indian tutor and a Chinese tutor, and I sorta like that. For some reason it reminds me of studying back in Brunei. I reckon I prefer Asian teachers... now that I think about it, most of my lecturers and tutors are Asian. I personally think that they explain stuff better. I didn't like my engineering workshop tutor last semester... he was Asian but I thought he was really full of himself... also patronizing and condescending.
So yeah, this semester has turned out pretty good so far! I enjoy all my classes, my schedule is not that hectic anymore and all my class locations are quite near to each other (no more running around to catch the next lecture!). However, the subjects are definitely more challenging now, especially Engineering Systems Design 2 and Informatics 2. The assignments are starting to pile up and I still need to find time to revise and catch up. Just read through the first Informatics project brief and realized I have a lot of revision to do before I'll be able to tackle the problems. I really need to pull my shit together now...
