Monday, July 25, 2011
10:52 PM
So I'm FINALLY flying back to Melbourne tomorrow with RBA. Emphasis on "finally" because I was supposed to be back by last Saturday. I was supposed to be having my lectures this morning. I am now supposed to be revising Japanese for my seminar tomorrow morning. But I'm still hanging around at home.
So what happened? It was an epic fail, to be honest. While we were on our way to the airport last Friday, my dad asked if my re-entry permit has expired. Mum checked my passport and, lo and behold, realised that my re-entry permit will expire in two days. If I fly off then, I will not be able to return to Brunei. The immigration office is closed on Fridays so we couldn't go to the office to have it renewed. Our only option was to delay flying for a few days. My mum was freaking out but I felt extremely happy. I know mum and dad are happy too that I get to stay for a few more days, but this is not like the movies where you can jump off the plane and hop on the next one as you like. There's money involved and even if you can afford it, there's no guarantee that there's a seat left for you. We checked with Singapore Airlines and all flights to Melbourne up to Wednesday/Thursday are full, which is crazy. You're telling me that you're flying twice to Melbourne everyday with a Boeing 777 and you haven't got a spare seat for me? Where are all this people coming from?!
Anyway, Dad says everything happens for a reason and that I'm fated to stay for a few more days. I'm not complaining. I'm not looking forward to go back to uni, but I have to. Eventually. I have already missed today's lectures and I will be missing tomorrow's and Wednesday's as well. It won't matter a lot anyway, because it's mostly introductions and stuff in the first week.
I've had a good break in Brunei for this past 4 weeks. It's been fun catching up with my friends. However the highlight of this vacation has to be helping my dad and finally seeing the opening of Kaizen's third branch in Yayasan. I told my dad I must be there to witness the opening and he gave me that. I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard together with mum and I hope their hard work will pay off. I myself have spent a decent amount of time at the branch helping out and working along with the staff. I'm gonna miss being there when I leave.
Well, it's just four months. It will fly by and I'll be home again before I know it, I'm sure. Take care guys.

