Sunday, March 6, 2011
1:18 AM
Hi guys, it's been a while, I know.
Well, mum and dad left on Thursday night so I'm officially alone now. It's kind of tiring and stressful. Living on your own I mean. Buying groceries, cooking, cleaning... on top of that you need to catch up with uni. So far, uni's okay. Just not a big fan of rushing from one building to another for my classes. I'm also having difficulty in understanding Accelerated Maths 1 lectures. Japanese classes were fun though.
About my trip to the Great Ocean Road & Phillip Island, it was great and a really amazing experience. We toured with a group of people. Our tour guide was the driver of our bus, the chef of our meals, and of course, our tour guide. Pretty cool. About 20 or 30 minutes into our journey, we got a flat tyre. We got an extra tyre, but no jack. In the end we had to wait for a new bus to come. It was hilarious. That's when things started to get fun.
I saw so many beaches in just two days and they were all stunning and breathtaking. We overnighted in a small town, in a house for backpackers. We slept on bunk beds, shared the same bathroom, and prepared dinner together. It was a nice experience, albeit out of our comfort zone. We also went to a wildlife park to see koala bears and kangaroos. There were wallabies too. I got to feed them and they were all so cute! My hand was full of their saliva though... Our last stop on the second day was the Penguin Parade. We sat at the beach during evening, waiting for the penguins to come to shore. There weren't many penguins, because it's now the season for them to be at sea. It was freaking cold though. I swear I couldn't feel my fingers.
Another memorable incident during the trip was when the bus started to roll down a hill because the handbrake hadn't been pulled properly. I was in the bus, together with a few others. The bus just started to move all of a sudden and someone gasped. Our tour guide wasn't in the bus. He tried to stop the bus with his bare hands, along with a few others, while my tourmate from Sydney hopped into the driver's seat and pulled the handbrake. I was too surprised to do anything. Everyone had a great laugh after all that. Thank God nothing awful happened.
Overall, it was an awesome trip. I highly recommend everyone to visit the Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island! You won't be disappointed. Blog again soon :)
