Wednesday, February 2, 2011
5:42 AM
January is gone in a flash. 2011 has been very eventful and great for me so far. Lately I've been busy gearing up for Chinese New Year, applying for visa and celebrating my birthday!
My 19th birthday felt so long because celebrations lasted from the 25th until the 29th. My Chinese birthday was on the 25th, and I celebrated with my family. I almost forgot how much I love chicken wine! I also had my mum order a marshmallow vanilla ice-cream cake. Too bad the bakery ran out of marshmallows, so it's just vanilla ice-cream cake. It's still delicious though!

On the 26th (my actual birthday) morning, it was quiet. Nothing special. Danny asked me out but I refused because I didn't wanna celebrate my birthday with anyone. I didn't want anyone to waste their money to buy a cake. Around 2 PM though, I had a surprise. An Avanza came into my house. It was Hui and Thian Hao, but who let them in? Apparently my whole family knew about the "surprise" and they had kept quiet about it. Unfortunately I saw their car coming in so the surprise was ruined for a bit. They brought a black forest cake. Funniest thing was when the two of them sang the birthday song. It was so awkward! And the surprises kept coming - Hui gave me huge presents. I can't imagine how much time and money she invested in all of that...


A scarf, a sweater, a CD and an amazing scrapbook. The CD contains songs and a video she made. It's her debut and I personally think it's very nicely done. The scrapbook was brilliant... it's very beautiful. Thanks for everything, "hiao ma"! I felt like I owe her one, so I decided to treat her and Thian Hao dinner at night. One thing led to the next, and in the end I invited a group of friends out for dinner. I specifically asked them not to buy anything, but they prepared some gifts anyway. At least it's not another cake though!

This is my gift from Siew Fun. I love it! So very thoughtful and creative! She typed me a long letter (in Chinese!) and even addressed the envelope which has stamps on it. (How cute) In the gift box are thirteen mini letters (beautifully decorated) to be opened at specific dates throughout the year 2011! There's also a CD with songs. I'm only allowed to open one of the mini letters and listen to one of the songs titled "Track 26" so far. "Track 26" was a birthday song (not the traditional one) and before it ended, there was S.H.E singing "Selamat Hari Jadi" and another birthday song Ella wrote. So nice! Now I have mini letters to look forward to throughout this year! Definitely bringing them with me to Australia. Thanks Fun!


This hilarious card is from Ket, Ting, Fu and Danny. Hilarious because they drew me in a hot bikini. And there were a lot of OMGWTFBBQ's in it. Thanks guys!

This one is handmade - from Xing Rong. Very adorable. Thanks, Rong!

Teng gave me a lovely card and an angpau! Thanks, love!

Finally, this is from Maria. She baked me cookies! They are nice! Thanks Queen!
On the 28th, I had a really busy day. I had spring cleaning to do with my dad and bro, visa application forms to fill, a cousin to tutor and a gathering with the PRYNSA gang to go to. The gathering was supposed to start at 5 PM at Jollibee, but I ditched and told them I'll be going to Nii's house to meet them at night. I was too busy. Some time later I texted Nii, asking what would happen if I can't make it at all. By the time I finished tutoring my cousin, it was already about 9+ PM and I hadn't ate yet. Just as I was thinking whether to go or not, I saw a white Suzuki outside my house. I didn't know who it was, until my sister told me. I couldn't believe it. It's Ket's car! Why are they here?! I was really shocked. They came down from the car... holding satays and a cake. Then Fu's car came next. Of course! I knew something was up the moment Nii started talking about this gathering on Facebook. I even told them not to do anything "tricky" and no one dared to comment back. I had given them a heart attack I suppose. But they did a few comebacks with more lies!
I hopped onto Ket's car without changing (in my Harry Potter shirt and shorts) because I thought we were going to Nii's place. But Teng wanted to go to the arcade to take pictures with the photo booth so we did. I can't believe I wore THAT in public! Unfortunately I was also wearing that when Hui came to my house, so I probably look like a crazy Harry Potter fangirl from the recent photos...
Then we went to Nii's house to cut the cake (oreo cheesecake) and talk. I love the wording on the cake: Happy birthday to Steve Jobs' Software Engineering protege something something.. I can't remember. Still waiting for photos from Nii. I got a card too! I had a really great time. It actually helped to relieve the stress I'd been feeling the whole day. Thanks guys! Love y'all.


On the 29th, I went to Bandar to deal with visa application. I arrived home at 5.30 PM and straight away went to Gloria's place at 6 PM with Ket. It's a BBQ party! Upon arriving I saw a few faces I hadn't seen in a while - Jien Haow and Huey Shyan! What a lovely surprise! I enjoyed the food, the BBQing, the photo taking... After eating we went inside the house to chill. A few hours later, Gloria and Chen Yin brought in a cake and everyone broke into a chorus, singing the birthday song. I was surprised too - I didn't see that coming at all! How long is this birthday thing gonna last? Anyway, thank you guys. I appreciate all of you! You've made my 19th birthday a super memorable one. Much love!

Now that I'm done writing this post, I gotta go to sleep. I've got to finish some last minute cleaning by tomorrow evening! Yeah, still love being last minute. As always. Ha!
