<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Monday, December 6, 2010
12:53 AM

I went to see "Tangled" in 3D today. Did you know that it is the most expensive animated film ever made? Maybe because there was so much hair in it? Kidding!


I loved the movie (I am a sucker for happily-ever-after fairytales), and also the music (written by the amazing Alan Menken who also wrote the music for "Enchanted", my another favourite - okay too much info)! My favourite scene would be the "lanterns" scene. Not only was it visually stunning, it was the scene that made me teary-eyed.

Though I enjoyed the movie, my experience of watching it in 3D was a rather uncomfortable one. I was slightly disappointed at first, but I'm starting to think that the problem might be a self-inflicted one. The pictures weren't as sharp and crisp as I thought they would be, but it may be due to my worsened eyesight or the fact that I'm wearing two glasses. I wonder if the designers of the 3D glasses even had the bespectacled population in mind. The glasses kept slipping off from those I'm already wearing and I literally held those glasses with my hand throughout the entire movie. They could have made little hooks on it or something! The ones I wore at Sentosa island's 4D movie did not have this problem at all.

Overall it was a rather worthwhile experience. I'm looking forward to see the movie again in 2D when it comes out on DVD. 3D is revolutionary - the way the objects pop out of the screen and float in front of your eyes makes you gape at the screen in awe, but I'm still a fan of traditional 2D. Until I get my new glasses or wear contact lenses, or until they improve the 3D glasses, I don't think I will go for another 3D movie anytime soon.