<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Thursday, September 2, 2010
7:39 AM

I woke up extra early today to have a look at the new iPods. To be honest, I'm disappointed. Well, I kind of half-expected that.

Let's see, new iPod shuffle, new iPod nano, new iPod touch, new AppleTV, and new iTunes. No love for the iPod classic. And they killed the click wheel on the iPod nano, replacing it with multi-touch interface. The result is somewhat a really weird looking iPod. I'm not a fan of it, but it might grow on me.

The new iPod touch is very tempting, what with Retina display and HD video recording, but... What I'm looking for is capacity and music-listening experience. I can live without games, but not without music (not literally). I like the multi-touch interface, but I love the click wheel.

Guess I'm still getting an iPod classic anyway. Looking at the bright side, the iPod classic is the ONLY iPod left with the click wheel. Guess that means they won't kill the last of the click wheel species?

PS. The iPod nano made me go "seriously?" ("WTF, Apple?" actually). I hope the real thing looks better than it is in the pictures.

UPDATE: iPod touch - camera is only 0.7 megapixels? Not worth it...?

UPDATE: Oh! Steve Jobs suggested wearing the iPod nano as a wristwatch! Now that makes MORE sense! (the clock app on it is pretty)