Tuesday, August 3, 2010
1:47 AM
So... Physics paper 4 today. To me, this is the most important paper, I have no idea why. I forced myself to work really hard for this paper. After it was over, I felt like someone lifted a huge stone from my shoulder. It's relief. I'm happy I got over it. I've made all the other papers seem unimportant now. But they still are! I just need to readjust my attention. Pronto.
Anyway, I started my Physics revision last two weeks. The initial plan was to finish reading my notes by last Saturday so that I can spend my Sunday doing last minute revision and solving past year papers. But as you all know, most things never go the way they were planned. Especially study timetables. Who ever sticks to it? By Sunday I'm still left with four topics. I did finish reading all of them, but what was read a week earlier had almost been forgotten. In the end I still needed to spend a good few hours on rereading all my previous notes. I decided to just skip the past year papers because I don't wanna solve questions before even mastering the theory and concepts. It was a good move I guess. You see, my problem during the preliminary exam was that I got all the concepts mixed up. They weren't firmly established in my head. During the exam I still needed to spend time figuring them out, so I kind of struggled. This time I read every single word of the notes and took my time to let the concept seep into my brain. Though I did rush through the electromagnetic topics (which I loathe)... so there was a price to pay there (next paragraph). Moreover, knowing Mr. N, it's very unlikely that the past year questions will be asked for the exam. Another reason is also because Paper 4 has almost equal number of theory and calculation questions. So theory is just as important.
The exam. Well, it was much much better than I expected. I was so afraid of forgetting everything and not being able to do any questions at all initially, but I was safe. I didn't get to finish the paper though, but I feel like I've done my job. I did try my best and gave everything I could. One of the questions I didn't manage to do was - wait for it - a question on electromagnetism. Damn me for rushing through those notes! Sigh. I hope I get good marks. I really need it. I'm depending on it and my paper 5!
Mr. N told us the "secret formula" to being a successful Physics student. I don't really remember the exact figures ('cause obviously I don't really follow the formula), but it goes something like this: spend 30% of your time reading notes, 60% solving problems and 10% asking questions. Well, I have to say, the teachers are always right. He's right. I should have applied that formula to my Physics revision. Instead I spent 100% of my time on reading notes. I will need to read more and solve more for the real 'A' Level exam then.
Well now that Physics P4 is over, Chemistry and Bio P4 are next. Chemistry is just the day after tomorrow. The HORROR. Whoever sets that exam timetable should experience this himself. How crazy and tiring it is. I didn't study anything today after the exam. Lack of time, lack of energy and lack of motivation. Physics drained all my energy away. I can't study continuously. I need my break. On top of that I'm always piled with chores to do. The new maid will arrive in a few weeks... until then, I guess I'll still be Cinderella for a while. I am mentally and physically exhausted. I don't know where all my stamina went...
Oh well, I guess I'll hit the sack soon. Tomorrow will be a race against time once again as I rush through my Chemistry notes. Thank God I can skip Bio AS. Sorry and all the best tomorrow, my fellow biologists.
