Sunday, June 20, 2010
3:06 AM
It's past my bedtime but I can't go to bed yet before writing this post. The emotions will wear off after a night's sleep!
So, I had a great trip to Bandar today, and my sister and I watched Toy Story 3. It was amazing. Period. I guess having the word 'amazing' coming from me has a zero impact by now, seeing that I always describe everything as 'amazing'. Well, my vocabulary is pretty limited and I'm not very picky, so everything that is good is 'amazing' (for me). Fine, let's have some bigger words... It was epic! Astounding! Staggering! Stunning! Breathtaking! Awesome! Sensational! Remarkable! Spectacular! Stupendous! Phenomenal! Extraordinary! Incredible! Unbelievable! Mind-blowing! Jaw-dropping! (I just copied everything after firing up the thesaurus)
Okay maybe that's too much... But seriously, it was amazing. I love it. I love it. You know how sequels almost everytime ruin the first film? Well, the Toy Story sequels just work. My sister and I spent this entire week rewatching Toy Story 1 and 2 (my sister wasn't even born yet when they came out). We loved Toy Story 1, but we loved Toy Story 2 more. And you can guess that we're really excited about the third one coming out. And I am not disappointed at all. It was flawless. It's smart, hilarious, touching, scary, thrilling and hilarious. Did I mention hilarious?
I have watched every film Pixar has ever done, and it is true that they have never made a bad film. Of all the films, only one has really touched my heart and got me on the verge of tears. That movie was Monsters, Inc. and today, Toy Story 3 can join it. The ending really got me because I can't help but feel like Toy Story is really coming to an end, and we are saying goodbye to all the characters. Overall, it is a must-watch. It is a must-watch. Rewatching the first two helps a lot because you'll understand the characters and the situation better. I am now looking forward to a Toy Story marathon sometime in the near future...
Thank you Disney and Pixar. Really made my day.
Check out the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. 99% on the tomatometer, baby!
PS. Just found out that there's gonna be Monsters, Inc. 2 on Wikipedia. Can't wait!
