Sunday, June 13, 2010
7:56 PM
My plan to get back on the treadmill failed again today. Apparently I don't feel like exercising when it's raining. I am now just listening to the sound of the rain (the door is closed and the air-cond is switched off). It's nice. And I failed to wake up early again today. Don't know what got into me... It's like my body knows that I'm having my holidays. It refuses to wake up even with 6 hours of sleep.
I've been enjoying this weekend a lot. I went to Fratini's with my family on Friday night. I love the ambiance of the restaurant and the food. The pizza and my carbonara were glorious! Plus we were the only ones eating there at the time, so we had a great time.
Yesterday I went to Bandar with dad, mum and my sis. My dad had something to do so we girls did most of the shopping. We were shopping for my sister's trainers when I saw the Crocs Crocband I've always wanted. It's been on my wishlist ever since I saw it on the Crocs website. I don't need to fly overseas to get these shoes! How exciting is that? (it IS very exciting for Bruneians) My mum bought them for me. I didn't have to persuade her at all, which is rather surprising because the shoes are expensive. She said I've been studying hard for my exams so this is my... "reward"? I love my shoes and I love my mum :D


I did some research and found out that these Sanyo rechargeable Eneloops are the best batteries for my Pentax. I had to buy these because I can't find any lithium batteries in Brunei. These Eneloops are alkaline + lithium. And they cost a whopping B$60 (together with the charger). Thanks mum <3
This morning I went to Jolene's restaurant to have a family gathering. Everyone was there and I had tons of fun. I will miss family gatherings like this when I'm going abroad next year... We even had an iChat conversation with my aunt, uncle and cousins in Canada before going. It's times like this when you really want to thank God for technology... and for family. Yesterday we sent the aunty back to the agency (she wasn't good enough for us) and she cried. She wanted to go home cause she misses her children. I feel bad for all these people... We are all lucky people, you know?

Taken with my trusty phone camera when on my way home from Bandar.
