<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Friday, June 4, 2010
1:02 PM

What a "great" way to start off the day. Was having my turkey sandwich in the kitchen when my aunty came in to say goodbye. She was crying! Couldn't make out what she was saying but I know she asked me to be good. Then she left.

Oh, I'm a sucker for this kind of things... My eyes are teary and I feel like I could cry any minute now... Not many people can understand this feeling - this bond you have with your aunties. Some people don't have aunties, and some just hate theirs. I never hated any of my maids. Sometimes all it takes is just getting into their shoes and see things from their point of view. Imagine leaving your family behind to go out of the country to work... for a minimum wage. And the worst part is not knowing what to expect. Not everyone is going to end up working in a palace or for a sporting employer. If you're unlucky you may end up getting a boss who always barks at you, looking after spoiled children, being treated like a slave, etc. You have to work from day to night and most of the time not being appreciated. Have you ever said "thank you" to your aunties? Some people have this mindset: "She's getting my money, so why should I bla bla bla". Well these people need to change the way they think. Everyone deserves the equal amount of respect no matter who they are. And calling people "stupid" is harsh too. If they are geniuses they wouldn't be working for you already.

Luckily I've grown up and become more independent, so I don't rely on my aunty that much anymore. When I was younger, I had two aunties who worked for us for years. When they left I literally cried in my sleep. The idea that you will never get to see that one person so close to you anymore for the rest of your life... do you know how sad that is? The only difference from having someone die is the consolation in knowing that she's still out there somewhere in the world, and hopefully having the time of her life. I wish my aunty all the best in her life. Thank her for helping us out for three years.

"There is a time for departure even when there's no certain place to go."
- Tennessee Williams

(WTF my tears are falling already. I'm out!)