<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Monday, June 21, 2010
12:12 AM

I realized whenever I'm on the Internet, I have this compulsive need to constantly check my Twitter, Facebook and blog. Then I spend chunks of time surfing for random stuff and doing God knows what on the Internet. In the end, I have no idea where the time went. It just went 'poof'.

To stop myself from wasting time and being so paranoid, I decided to disconnect myself from the Internet the other day. Not entirely. I still used the Internet to browse iTunes, download stuff and check my e-mails. And some research for my GP homework. But no Twitter, no Facebook, no social networking. It was nice. It was much more productive and I enjoyed it. I got my homework done and watched a couple of movies. Unfortunately my plan to have a Harry Potter marathon failed. Just couldn't find the time to fit six movies in continuously. Anyway, you know what's best about this whole thing? I finally got myself a much needed "me time". "Me time" - the time you spend alone doing the things you love. I listened to a lot of music, finished reading another Nicholas Sparks book, got to know more about the Pentax k-x and exercised. And most nights were spent watching football with my dad, which were great. Somehow I felt more peaceful and relaxed. I don't need to keep pace with everyone - no Facebook and Twitter means not constantly reading what other people are up to. I might not be kept up to date, but I don't see the point in caring. I will restrain myself from getting so engrossed in Facebook or Twitter from now on...

And there's a movie I watched that I would love to recommend. It's "Julie & Julia", by two of my favourite actresses - Amy Adams and Meryl Streep. If you're a foodie, you will love this movie, which is based on two true stories. The movie is brilliant and I don't understand why some reviews said it was boring. Well, if you have no interest in food or cooking, it might be boring for you. But for me, Meryl Streep's acting pretty much makes the entire movie worth watching.

That's it, folks. I have to go now. School tomorrow... and the thought of being in the uniform again makes me sick. Ta-ta!