<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Tuesday, April 27, 2010
3:48 PM

Great news in TingWenland! Wanted to blog about this on Sunday, but I had Physics yesterday and Chemistry exam today, so yeah. I have a Bio paper tomorrow, but I am so tired of studying. So here I am.

Well, mum and dad brought back my first DSLR from Singapore on Sunday! That's what I meant when I talked about "distractions". It's the Pentax K-x I wanted, and it's white instead of red (changed my mind). It is so beautiful. Fits in my hands perfectly.



Today's only my second day with the camera, but it already has a great sentimental value for me. For one, this is the first time I have bought something so expensive with my own money. This is also the first time I have bought something so expensive on my own. My parents just helped "shipping" it from Singapore. I know Pentax cameras can hardly be found anywhere in Brunei, so I was stoked when I saw them on QQeStore. After some further "research", I ordered it online without first asking my parents (so proud of myself). Then I had to talk with the QQeStore salesman a couple of times to confirm my order etc. which is all new to me. After several days he contacted me again telling me to pay in advance so that they can order it from their supplier. That's when I had to tell my dad because I needed help with some bank transfer business. He wasn't angry at all. He laughed at me instead and said my mum would pull off all of my hair if she finds out. He told me he's going to Singapore soon though, so he can help get it from there. So I cancelled my QQeStore order. Problem solved.

The adventure didn't end there though. I did some research for the best places to get Pentax cameras in Singapore, and the results led me to M S Color. A shout out to M S Color for the awesome service! I e-mailed them for a quotation, and got the reply on the day itself. They replied all my e-mails within a short period of time, so I'm really satisfied. Unlike some other shops to which I have sent my e-mails too... even until now I haven't heard from them.

Through this experience I have truly learnt that if you want something, you gotta work hard to get it. It's not going to come to you. If I still choose to wait for my parents to get this camera for me, chances are I would end up buying it for myself when I am 22. That's how it is.

My problem now is that I have to wait for my next Singapore trip if I want new lenses, but it's all worth it. Was supposed to be at KB last week for a photography contest, but had to ditch it because of the exams. Just looked at some of the photography clubbers' blogs and checked out their photographs. They must be really rich to have all those crazy stuff for their cameras. Anyway, I gotta brush up on my skills too. I'm still a noob if compared with my peers, and I sure don't want my Pentax to end up becoming an expensive paperweight.


(Got kind of used to the Powershot, so I need time to adapt to my Pentax)(And our Burger King takeaway from Changi lol)