Saturday, April 24, 2010
2:29 PM
I hate it when I have the inspiration to blog, but have to push it to a later time due to some "unforeseen circumstances". Then I end up uninspired and forgetting most of the things I wanted to blog about. This is exactly what's happening right now. I was supposed to type this post like two days ago.
Anyway, had Maths paper 3 today. Studying for Maths and knowing that my grade will be decided by only one paper (Ms. Tor was kind enough to remind us that for about a hundred times) was pretty nerve-wracking. Knowing the Maths tutors too, I know the paper won't be a piece of cake. And you know how sometimes you felt like you haven't studied a thing even after reading everything? Well, I had that feeling yesterday and it sucked.
I know how stressed out everyone is becoming... This week is just the calm before the storm though. The war starts next week (Science Week! YAY! No.) and the worst will happen next week. We still have about two months to go, so it's crucial that you guys maintain your sanity!
When I was in Form 3, I could lock myself in the room - no distractions, no music, no computer, no nothing - for the entire day and study. I could skip bedtime and sit for a paper the next day. But I was stressed out, exhausted and depressed. Today, I can't do all these anymore. I need to sleep. As I grew older I realize how important it is to have enough rest for your body. Not just for health, but it can boost your performance in the exam. And don't stare at the book for the entire day! It's crazy. Take breaks in between to do something you enjoy. For me, I will play a song occasionally to stop myself from falling asleep. I have some snacks. I look out of the window and space out. Look at the green trees and the birds... acknowledge all the beautiful things in your life... open up your mind... stop revolving your world around the exams for a moment... LOL
Well at least that's how I manage to survive (this week) unscathed. Most importantly, keep calm. I just want to share this piece of advice with all of you. It may not be useful, it may not work, but that's my formula. (It may not get fantastic grades either.) Oh, and I spend a great deal of time with the treadmill too. Funny how I actually look forward to torture myself on the treadmill during this exam period. It's the only activity that I do without feeling a twinge of guilt! It's healthy, it's enjoyable (jogging with music) and believe it or not, getting yourself soaked in sweat is one the best feelings ever. I read somewhere about a study that showed exercising makes you "feel good" for a good amount of hours. Something like that. So yeah, there you go, exercising is good for your soul and mental health. And I like how it actually helps the brain and get you out of depression and any other negative feelings.
So go out for some exercise! You are the energetic people! Go better your stamina! There's always light at the end of the tunnel!
GOOD LUCK LOVELIES! And happy birthday, Fu!
