<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Wednesday, March 3, 2010
2:36 AM

Read Hui's blog and you will know what this post is about. But it will be from my point of view. (If you're too lazy, it's about my gift for Hui's 18th birthday)

Well the idea struck me early last week. Maybe I was showering or dreaming in class, I don't remember. But at the time I was sure it was the perfect gift and I was very excited. I have this thing for handmade gifts... Generally, I love people who put a lot of thought and heart into picking out or making presents for other people. But for me, buying presents is an extremely difficult task. You need to consider the usefulness of it, the price, etc. So instead I love making them. In Hui's case, I made 10 mix CDs for her (based on different moods). First, I love making mix CDs for people. Second, how awesome would it be to have the right music prepared for you to listen to when you're e.g. stressed out? Third, Hui, as we all know, is very emotionally unstable, so she needs these mix CDs. LOL

Anyway, I got all my materials ready throughout the week and started work on Friday. I ended up finishing it only on Sunday. Friday to Sunday. No homework or playing periods in between. Serious and honest. Handpicking 202 songs took an entire day. It was difficult because I have limited mainstream music (I'm more into stuff Hui probably won't like in her entire life).

I was very doubtful of the gift though in the end... The entire Monday was spent with me worrying about her response. But Ting told me even if she didn't like it, she would appreciate it. True, but I prefer she loves it and appreciates it :D

When I got home and showered, Hui got online and started to talk to me. I freaked out because I wasn't prepared for the worst yet. But it's all good. Turns out she loves it so much that she cried for one hour! Did I mention I wrote a four pages long mushy mushy letter to her? And made origami wishing stars? And wrote lots of disgusting words of appreciation and love? LOL

Either way, that turned out to be one of the happiest days of my life. You have no idea how good it feels when someone likes something you make. It's a wonderful feeling! So wonderful...