<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Sunday, March 28, 2010
2:37 AM

Had lunch at Kaizen with Teng, Fu and Nii today. It felt like Christmas because Nii brought back a lot of goodies for us from Singapore! Finally got the photography book I wanted - Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson - hopefully it is as good as what all the reviews said! And then my Glee DVD with extra behind-the-scenes features! And then another Mr. Happy shirt Nii bought for me! She totally made my day. Thanks Mama!



Didn't switch off the lights at all just now. If I was alone, I would. But unfortunately I live in a house with people who couldn't care less about Earth Hour. Honestly though, Earth Hour is getting overrated... maybe it's just me, but I kinda feel like it sends the wrong message to people. Whether it changes people's mindsets or attitudes, I don't know, but telling people that you can make a difference just by switching off the lights for an hour doesn't do it for me. Right now all I see are people participating for the fun of it, or because it makes them 'cool', or because it is the fashionable thing to do. Nevertheless I admire the motive of it. I just hope people are aware that fighting climate change is an ongoing challenge, and if you really care about Mother Earth, don't take action only on the last Saturday of every March. The act should be continuous.

I would also like to take this opportunity to address the hate Justin Bieber and other young Hollywood stars are getting... LOL 'cause I don't get it. There are just too many "Justin Bieber is gay" pages on Facebook, and it's getting ridiculous. Leave the poor guy alone (unless he is cocky - I don't like cocky people LOL). Perhaps you don't like his/her music, perhaps he/she can't act/sing/dance, but that doesn't give you any reason to hate him/her. They still earn their money anyway. I'm not defending Justin Bieber (I don't like or hate him), I'm defending everyone...

Hate is a strong word. You're no better than anyone if you hate. You're no better than anyone for calling people 'gay'. And personally, I thought Miley Cyrus did a great job as a mentor on American Idol the other day. 17 and incredibly successful. Simon agrees with me.

Love and peace, guys.