Sunday, February 7, 2010
2:23 AM
It's really possible to feel every emotion in the world within a day. My day today felt like a rollercoaster ride.
I woke up in the morning at 6:50 AM to hear my parents say, "Aunty's here! We woke up late!!" I hoped they were joking but they were not. I pulled open the curtains and sure enough, aunty's car was waiting outside. First thing that came to my mind and out of my mouth was "Oh shit." My mum had to tell aunty to go without me. This is the first time that I overslept and missed my ride to school, so naturally I felt like crap. Usually my parents are the ones waking me up, and on rare occasions, I'm the one to wake them up. This time all of us overslept together. I suspect it's because of the chicken wine we had last night (my Chinese birthday celebration). Everyone was too drunk to wake up. Unfortunately nobody supports my theory. My parents' theory is that I am a useless and lazy 18-year-old who still needs her parents to wake her up. True, but I like my theory better.
By the time I reached school, it was already 7:45 AM, and everyone was at the morning assembly. I wanted to sneak somewhere else so that I don't get caught, but it was almost impossible. The teachers saw my car as soon as I arrived. I was told to line up at the "late comers line" and write my name in the record book. As I was standing in the line, I silently cussed at myself. Why did I have to wake up late on a Saturday, when the school has the assembly? Why did I remember to wear my prefect badge today? (Yes I did. It didn't help me at all. It made me look worse.) Suddenly I hated everyone and everything in the world, and I wanted nothing more than for the day to end.
I spent the rest of the day at school emo and moody. It's mostly because of my fucking wisdom tooth. You have no idea how much it hurts until you have experienced it. My gums and the left side of my face are a bit swollen. My head ached the entire morning, though I'm not sure if it's related to the tooth. My whole head and face hurt. Eating has become painful, and so is brushing my teeth. I don't want to miss all the CNY food!!!
On the brighter side though, classes ended at 12 PM for me, and there was relatively less homework today. Good for my weekend. However, I was in for another roller coaster ride when I got home.
At around 2 PM, tweets about the results started to get on Twitter. I had another "oh shit" moment right there, because my mobile credit expired two days ago, and I hadn't recharged it. Very good timing huh! Instead of my results, I received a message that said "Charging failed." I had to ask my mum to get an Easi card and text me the PIN number. After recharging my credit, I still got no response from MOE. I decided to cancel my registration, so that I can re-register again. I sent two cancellation codes to MOE but no response on their part. After some time I got really frustrated, and I had to resort to registering with my dad's mobile number. (I would prefer I know my results before my parents do.) The registration was successful and I started to get nervous. I played back the events of the day and feared that all this shit could be a really really bad omen. "This is not good. This is fate... everything is just bad today... oh my God..."
When I saw a new text from dad, I thought it was him saying that he received the confirmation text. The last thing I expected was my results slapped into my face just a few minutes after registration. But it was. 4A's. Blink blink. 4A's. Confusion. 4A's. Checking my index number. 4A's. WTF? 4A's. Calling dad to make sure he didn't edit the results. 4A's?! Still shocked. 4A's... absorbing... 4A's... relief... I'm so glad... There's nothing much worth celebrating though, cause it's not the end of A Levels yet. There's still more work to be done.
A few minutes later my dad texted me again:
"Ting, congrats on your 4A's. From dad."
I replied:
"When you get home, be prepared to hear what I'm planning to buy! This is a good time to ask right? You won't say no right???? :D :D :D"
Yesterday was one of the happiest days of my life. I went out with my Ohana family to bid farewell to Ah Boy, and was happily surprised when I realised they were celebrating my birthday as well. I'm too lazy to elaborate, just read the captions of the pics below!
PS. Congrats to everyone, especially Nii, Yan and Ah Boy! I'm so proud of you guys! To those who are not satisfied, stay strong! To those who have yet to know their results, good luck!
