Tuesday, February 2, 2010
2:30 AM
Am typing this while listening to some seriously emo music. Just having one of those days, when you feel really depressed and frustrated, but you don't know why. You just do. I'd like to think it's a teenage-issue-hormonal-kind-of-thing, because I don't really want to know what my problem is. But honestly I know I do. I just don't want to admit it. This terrible feeling has been bugging me since returning home from school. At night I feel really emo. I just wanted to finish my homework and call it a day.
It's times like this when I desperately wish for a soul mate. Not the "love of my life" kind of soul mate, but the "I can tell her/him everything" kind of soul mate. I don't mean this as an insult to my good friends, but sometimes it's hard to find that special someone. I don't suppose any of you really tells me everything? There were periods of time before this when I really had that someone whom I was able to confide my feelings and secrets to, but I guess that's already in the past.
On the bright side, I spent a good few hours catching up with Mira yesterday, before she had to return to the boarding house for the week. I love it when we can talk about anything, from what we're up to to our future careers, from our plans to settle down to Broadway stuff. Turns out that both of us actually share a common devotion to all things Broadway, so I think that's super. I got schooled by her though, on how much I'm missing out on the classic stuff. She's like a mini IMDb.
I watched "What Happens in Vegas" last night before going to bed. Poor ratings from Rotten Tomatoes, but to me, it's all good as long as I enjoyed it. Like what they say - "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" - sometimes this ratings stuff... it's all bullshit. If you're happy, well that's all that matters. There was a scene that made me laugh really really hard, so I'm happy.
On a completely random note, I don't know if I've posted these up before, but here are some aerial photos I took from a plane.
