<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Tuesday, January 26, 2010
2:37 AM

Went to Miri yesterday with my family. Very happy about having McDonald's prosperity burger - those curly fries were glorious! And having my favourite pearl milk tea... And having Big Apple's donuts... Yes, lots and lots of food.

Dad said Miri is a must-go place for CNY shopping, it has the right mood and atmosphere going on. Indeed, there were a lot of people there yesterday, and that made me really look forward to celebrating the new year. What's funny is that my family and I were completely oblivious to the fact that Servay and Boulevard have declared Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays "No Plastic Bag Days". Those who didn't bring along any shopping bags ended up carrying their own goods by hand, and it was funny in that we all looked like we just openly robbed the supermarket. I have to say their efforts were admirable though. It would be a lot better if they would just offer us free shopping bags.

In about 45 minutes I will officially be legal. I don't really know yet what being 18 means to me. Driving license? Legal access to certain things? Attempting to become a citizen of the country? (Like what my mum has been constantly telling me) Being an "adult"? What does that even mean? For me, being an "adult" is a state of mind... no one can transform from a teenager to an adult overnight. It takes time and a hell lot of maturity. Some people can be 15 or 16, and have the supposed mindset of adults. Some people can be 30 or 40 years old and still be immature. I'm not going to be that person. In the end, it all boils down to what's inside, and not what's being exhibited outside.

Maybe to me, other than getting a shot at citizenship and my driving license, being 18 simply means it's time to take things serious. I am about to officially become the pilot of my life!