<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Friday, January 15, 2010
2:30 AM

When did it start to rain? It's been going on for a few days now. I'm not complaining or anything. The weather's been a big help for those of us in baju kurung. In fact, I think I have a new found love for the rain and the gloomy weather. Sunshine or rain, all of them are blessings from Mother Nature. Sunshine is the greatest gift after a storm, rainfall is the greatest gift after a drought. From now on, I'm going to try stop complaining about the weather, and everyone should too.


I had a short chat this afternoon with Kah Yan (who is already at Perth). She seemed pretty scared and worried about being on her own, and my advice to her was to stay positive at all times. Kah Yan and I may not be the closest of friends, but I can say that we have been through a lot with the other PRYNSA members (AKA the Ohana family) — jungle trekking, report writing, pitcher plant hunting, putting up hard times together, etc. — and that's really something. Her leaving the country kind of worries me in the sense that she might not be able to protect herself. After all, she's only sixteen and just so young to me. I can't do much other than offer her support, but I know she'll be able to cope eventually.

Before she left, we had a surprise farewell party for her. It was Korean themed... sort of, with pictures of all the boy and girl bands she likes pasted on the walls. The first thing she did after we shouted "An nyoung ha seh yo" was to hug the walls! I will not forget that night — not only it was fun, it kind of made me don't wanna eat food for the rest of my life, the reason being we ate too much. Let me recall... there were soft drinks, chips, fishballs, sausages, crabsticks, nuggets, curly fries, fried mee, pizzas, sushi and apple pie. I swear everyone wanted to puke after eating! And yes, the apple pie was baked by yours truly. I thought this time the pie looked much better (my sis was the one decorating last time), and I'm glad everyone liked it! Now there are two people who keep asking for apple pie — Teng and Danny. Danny was even willing to pay me 20 dollars to make him another one. Today he raised the money to 30 dollars LOL

While I'm typing this, I bet my Physics mates are busy burying their heads in their books for the test this Saturday. I haven't started anything yet. I wanted to finish all my homework today (except GP) and only study tomorrow. I don't think there will be enough time, but I like this arrangement. I don't wanna mix doing homework and studying together. Plus, American Idol just started and it chews away my time, but oh well. Glee starts next Wednesday right after American Idol... I will never get my homework done on Wednesdays now. I'm doomed.

I would be a really happy kid today and tomorrow if it wasn't for the Physics test. I've so many homework to do everyday, it's getting hard to catch up with everything — my movies, TV shows and RSS feeds. I don't think I've blogged about this, but last week I saw three movies — Whip It, The Time Traveler's Wife and Enchanted.

Whip It: Loved it. Ellen Page was badass in the movie! I adore her.

The Time Traveler's Wife: The book is ten times better than the movie. Nevertheless, the movie was pretty sad.

Enchanted: I know I know, I'm so late on the scene for this one! I accidentally flipped on Disney Channel when it started showing the other day. I got curious and ended up watching the entire movie. I don't think anyone knows, but I love fairy tales, and this movie is just so good. Amy Adams make a pretty good princess. "I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss~"

That's about everything you need to know about my life this past week! Our GP teacher showed us the music videos of MJ's "Man in the Mirror" and Chris Daughtry's "What About Now" today... and with the Haiti earthquake and all that, I feel really lucky to be alive. We are all lucky "Bruneians". Never take anything for granted, and treasure every second of your life, people. Life is short! Time flies! Cherish each other! Be grateful you get to be literates! Be thankful for the food, clothes and shelter!

LOL another spiritual ending to a blog post. But seriously.
Love and peace.

PS. My Flickr is almost dead, but fear not, I've added new pics.