<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Wednesday, January 6, 2010
2:08 AM

I wanted to post something yesterday, but class ended at 3:45 PM (on a God damn first day) and by the time I reached home, I had too many stuff to do that I barely got the chance to do anything online.

My cousins, aunt and uncle from Canada left for their flight yesterday morning. Before I left for school, they woke up unusually early just to see me in tudung and baju kurung. My little cousins came to see me while I was having breakfast, and they took pictures of me. There was a lot of giggling. After that, I went upstairs to say goodbye to my aunt and uncle. I saw my aunt first, and the first thing she said was "wow" and she told me I looked beautiful (?!). I just laughed cause I didn't know what to say... There was some chit-chatting and then came the part I loved and hated. When I told them I had to go, my aunt and uncle started to say things. And you know, they don't really come back to Brunei often. It's a once in four or five years thing, but this was the first time they came during winter break, so it was great. My aunt asked me to be a good girl and study hard, and told me that the next time she's back I probably won't be in Brunei anymore... My uncle asked me to take good care of my corn, and send him updates and photos of it... I didn't know why but at that moment my eyes began to water. My cousins gave me hugs and I had to fight the tears from falling. Before I left, we took a group photo and it was a great moment. When aunty drove me off, they were all waving at me and it didn't help me from being so emo! (I was probably also emo about the fact that holidays are over!) I wonder if aunty and Fun noticed my teary eyes...

I'm gonna miss them a lot. I'm determined to send them as many emails as possible. My aunt has also been constantly asking me to visit her some time in Canada, and I really hope I can do that. Maybe at the end of the year? Wishful thinking.

Anyway, that's just some emo stuff that I'd like to record down in some way in some place. As for school, it has been super tiring. Like I mentioned, lessons ended at 3:45 PM yesterday. I guess that's pretty self-explanatory. We were already given homework on the first day. And this morning I woke up to stinging eyes. How I miss those days when I got to sleep in. Now I can't wait for Friday.

Since school started, I've begun to wonder where all the time went. There are a lot of things I would like to do and accomplish in a day, but I found out I could never feel there's enough time to do all of them anymore. It boggles my mind why I didn't feel like this last year. What did I do everyday?! I'm probably just pumped about 2010. I honestly don't want any second of 2010 to go to waste. I'm going to fill every minute and every second with meaningful things, but that's not to say that I won't take time to pamper myself. There's this saying that "time you enjoy wasting is not wasted". I think that's very true.

Right now I'm trying to take time to exercise and read. Just yesterday, after coming back from school, I rested for a bit then went outside with my sister to cycle (on my cousin's little bike), play basketball, badminton and go swinging. Then I took the time to accompany my sister play the piano at our cousin's place. Today, I finished my homework as early as possible and then played basketball and badminton with my dad until it was time for dinner. I had a great time, and these are the moments I'm going to treasure most. With what I've experienced with my Canada relatives leaving, I realised it's going to be very tough when the time comes for me to leave the country to further my studies. I don't think I will be able to stop myself from crying like a baby. I can almost imagine the things my mum and dad will be saying to me.

So yeah, take some time off in 2010 to spend time with your mums, dads, brothers, sisters, cousins, grandpas, grandmas and everyone else you love. Treasure and cherish each of them — make that a new year's resolution. There's really no one else in the world like family. I wish people could see that. I never quite understood people who are always whining about their family. From what I know, every mum and dad loves his/her kids. The only difference is the way they express it.