<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Sunday, January 3, 2010
3:10 AM

Okay, the girls just left the living room after the movie finished, and I just cleaned up the place (pretty messy). I gotta say though, I had a lot of fun tonight.

The evening started with great food — food that no child I know of hates — spaghetti topped with mozzarella cheese, curly fries, fried chicken drumsticks and sparkling juice. We took a break and then started with our first movie, while I took out the Hello Pandas and soft drinks. Majority of the girls (my little boy cousin went to Bandar with his parents, hence less trouble for the night) chose to watch "17 Again", a movie I myself would not have come up with for a children audience. Then again, my Canadian cousins are 14 and 12 (a fact that I tend to overlook, because of their seeming maturity), so I don't think it's an inappropriate movie. I was more worried about my other cousin who is 10, and my sister who is 8. Nevertheless I put on the DVD and they were all pretty excited about it. The thing is, you can never go wrong with a movie with Zac Efron in it — even little girls think he's cute. Only halfway through the movie that I realised it was a bad idea to play "17 Again", when words like 'dick', 'douche' and 'wiener' came out of the actors' mouths... My Canadian cousins laughed, but I guess the others didn't understand those words at all, so I think it's fine...?

Anyway, which is worse? The next movie I played for the kids is "9", an animated fantasy film, but it was also mildly horrific. We also had all the lights turned off, and the speakers on really loud. And Ruffles. I was the only one who wanted to watch "9", but after a few minutes, all of them were pretty much hooked onto the movie. The film was amazing! You can't go wrong with a Tim Burton film either. I'm just grateful I wasn't watching it in a cinema, cause I'm pretty sure I would get a heart attack.

Enjoy your last day of holidays, folks! You know I don't like it, but life goes on!