
I didn't notice my last post was a week ago until just now. Well it's like this... one day you wake up and you decide you're going to blog one after school. Then you get tons of homework from school, so you say "maybe tomorrow". The next day you get even more work, then you say "OK, I'm going to finish this first and blog tomorrow". The next day there's still more work for you and it goes on and on and on. Well until today at least. I still have homework today, but oddly enough I felt free. It's kind of weird cause I even watched AI and Glee. Anyway, AI's kinda boring today... not much talent in Chicago, but there's one really cute Asian who's pretty good. His name is John Park and I think he's Korean. I hope he gets far into the competition!
Last Sunday was pretty interesting. I went to Bandar with my family and before going home we made a last stop at Hua Ho at Tanjong Bunut. We went to the first floor to shop for clothes. There was a huge area of floor surrounded by those police line thingies. I didn't notice what was wrong with that area, I just moved on with my shopping business. Halfway through I went to the toilet. Then I continued shopping again. After some time my family and I made our way to the cashier to pay for our stuff. While on the way I saw another family near to the restricted area. They were discussing about the floor and when I looked at it, the floor tiles were up and down, like when you lay a flight of stairs flat on the ground (LOL please bear in mind that I don't know how to describe them). Really makes you wonder what made the floor tiles like that. As I was approaching the cashier, I saw another man surrounding the floor outside the toilet with the police line. To my horror I saw the floor tiles up and down too. I was just walking on those floor tiles a couple of minutes ago! Just when the man was finishing up, and when I thought it was just a case of poorly cemented tiles, there were loud cracking and popping sounds. I was looking directly at it: the area next to the toilet (where they sell shoes and handbags) began to shake. The shelves were shaking and there were pieces of cement that flew out from the floor. I saw the tiles of the floor and they were up. I was probably only 5 metres away from it. With all the shaking I thought the same thing would happen to the other tiles as well, and it felt horribly like an earthquake (though I've never really experienced one). Because of the Haiti earthquake, that was sadly the first thing that came to my mind. I thought the floor was going to collapse (and it won't be nice since we're on the first floor — I would have fallen down onto the supermarket below) and I thought I was going to die! So "sakai"! In the end no one was injured, but a lot of people left quickly. After shopping at the supermarket, and while queuing at the cashier, there was a foul smell of burnt plastic/ rubber. We looked up and saw smoke coming out of a lamp. "What, it's not over yet?!" The security people were on their walkie talkies and then a man came along to remove the lamp. Phew. Such a scary yet interesting experience. I'm sure I won't be visiting that Hua Ho any time soon though.

The tiles look something like this. These are pictures of Earth plates.
Just thank you God for letting me still be alive!
PS. I want to drive soon so that I won't have to wake up effing early everyday. Yu Ting, I've calculated, it takes about 15 minutes for the journey from my house to yours. You're so lucky.