Wednesday, December 23, 2009
6:54 PM
The sky is grey— oops, hold on.
(20 minutes later)
Oh well, apparently another case of bullying among the kids (my little cousins) just happened, and my little sis was the victim. She was holding her handkerchief and bawling her eyes out. She was wailing and howling and shrieking and everything. I had to calm her down, talk some sense into her and let her regain her sanity (she asked me to kill my cousins). It was all I could do to stop myself from punching her in the face. It's really annoying when none of the shit you told her works. Anyway I wasn't being a good sister either. I was laughing 75% of the time while doing my job.So... the sky is grey and the house is cold. I'm listening to Bon Iver as I type this. The things missing now are probably beautiful snow landscape outside the window and a cup of hot tea/coffee.
I spent the morning all snuggled up in an armchair in the living room, finishing up "The Time Traveler's Wife". The Christmas tree was a good add to the ambiance. I finished the book with teary eyes and a broken heart. I'm taking back what I said about the book earlier. You just need time to get used to the way Audrey Niffenegger wrote it, which I later found to be brilliant. It really brought the characters to life. The story may be a bit confusing at first, but you'll find yourself getting the knack of it in the end. I thought the story was genius, haunting, beautiful, moving and heartwrenching. A brilliant read, and I'm glad that I didn't give up on it halfway. Now I'll have to wait for February for the DVD of the film to come out. I really want to see how the film turns out. With a story like this, it's probably hard to transform it into a film. Hopefully it's the kind of film that you can still understand even without reading the book.I'm taking a short break from reading before I start Malcolm Gladwell's "The Tipping Point". I read the whole day yesterday and the result was blurry vision.
I'm already in a Christmassy mood. I've downloaded three Christmas films. Will let you guys know how my movie marathon turned out.
And, I think I'm baking tomorrow... Stay tuned!
