Friday, December 25, 2009
2:35 AM




Not really. I didn't do it for Christmas' sake. I did it cause I WANTED to eat PIE. And I baked one today, with a lot of help from another little chef, my lil sis. I'd been bugging my dad to get me the ingredients since Monday, and today seemed to be the right time to carry out my first attempt to bake an apple pie. You know why? My parents and half of the people in the house were not at home in the afternoon (when I was baking), hence doing me a huge favour of saving myself from embarrassment (just in case).It took us probably about two to three hours — from making the pie crust from scratch, apple peeling and slicing, cooking the special pie filling to the decorations and stuff. It was all really hard work and I was literally sweating all the way. My sis and I? We suck. I mean the kitchen was a total mess in the end. You would have thought a stampede just happened in the house. We are total noobs but I have to say we make a pretty darn good team of noob bakers.
In the end everything paid off. You can smell the vanilla (secret ingredient, oops) and the buttery crust around the house, and the pie tasted exactly what I expected it to be. Overall, it was a success. My sis, my bro and I had multiple servings, and all my aunts and uncles said it tasted GLORIOUS (LOL, exaggeration). Even my mum and dad (who was REALLY skeptical at first) said it was great. All of them loved the crust, but trust me, it wasn't easy. It was a pain in the ass to make the crust. But anyway, it was all really good experience. I now have something new to add to my résumé!
My night was great too. The Santa Clauses came early this year. There are already lots of presents under the tree. The celebration is tomorrow and I can't wait!
Merry Christmas, lovers!
PS. I'm in my Christmas pyjamas :D
