Saturday, August 1, 2009
12:38 AM
Unlike always, instead of spending the whole of my Friday in front of a computer screen, I did something different today. Although I still woke up late at 10 AM.
I had my dad bring me to Bandar so that I can watch Harry Potter 6. I know it's late but if it wasn't for swine flu, I would have seen the movie on the day it premiered. I've been doing that since Prisoner of Azkaban, so this year I'm really disappointed. Anyway I still managed to watch it on the big screen. I would kill myself if I had to buy a pirated DVD to watch it at home, without the huge screen and the bams and booms banging against my eardrums.
My brother wanted to watch too so he tagged along, together with my sis. We had lunch at Pizza Hut, then visited the Apple store and some CD shop, where I got the season one of The Big Bang Theory. I love that series a lot. After that we watched the movie at 3 PM.
My bro said it was mediocre, just like what many people think. One of the reasons is probably because there isn't much action in the movie. It's more like a pre-Deathly Hallows story-building kind of thing, so I guess some people couldn't catch it, what with the Horcrux stuff, etc. What I like about the movie though is that the characters seem to have grown up a lot, it's very lovey dovey. The climax of the movie is probably Dumbledore's death, which is really sad and moving. There were a lot of funny moments in the movie too. And Helena Bonham Carter was so cool. There's something about her that I like. I really like her as Bellatrix Lestrange. My verdict: I loved it. Period.
After the movie we paid Best Eastern a visit. I got the new issue of Reader's Digest and also a new book. About time I get back to regular reading. The cashier was supposed to give me back a $3.40 change, but instead she gave me $30.40. I was puzzled but I accepted it anyway and went out of the shop. Outside, I rechecked the receipt again and again until I was sure the cashier made a mistake. My inner voice was like, "Awesome! Extra money! Keep it!" I had to battle that voice with my brain (which is very moral, hello) and finally I "decided" to go back and return the remainder to the cashier. The cashier rechecked my receipt, gave me a sheepish smile and said "Thank you." After that I left the shop feeling like a new man! Good deeds really make you feel differently. They make you feel happy! But seriously, taking $30.40 for a $3.40 change doesn't make it different from stealing.
All in all, I had a very productive Friday. I don't know why it feels like that. Maybe because it's not what I do every Friday.
G'night peeps.
