Thursday, April 30, 2009
11:04 PM
Random person: Have you done homework?/ Did you study at home?
Me: Umm no.
Random person: Huh?! What have you been doing at home?!
Me: I have chores to do.
Random person: (thinking) PFFT! Chores?!?!?!
Yes, I have chores to do and it bugs me that most of you don't know how much I have to do, and how doing chores just chews away my time. It's like a freaking Pacman - CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP - eating away all my time! And before you know it, it's bedtime and I've done close to nothing! Urgh!
<--- "Hi I'm a freaking Pacman."Well yeah, my maid has left since the beginning of April and - OH MY GOD TOMORROW IS MAY?!
So yeah, my maid left. And that's not good!!! Just like today, my mum was busy with her work and my dad went to Bandar for his work. I had classes till 3.30 pm. When I reached my home sweet home, it was already 4 pm. Then I had to collect the laundry + do some clothes folding. Then I need to do some dishes left in the kitchen by my fat family. Yeah fat family, that's what we call ourselves. Then I need to tidy the house for a bit, vacuum, etc. etc. Then I need to cook rice for dinner. Then Mum called, saying that she will be coming home late. So my bro and I had to make our own food (this actually made me think of photosynthesis). While my sis betrayed us and went to Kaizen with my uncle's family. After dinner I need to do the dishes AGAIN... Then I finally get to shower at 8 pm. My bro and sis are either at school or tuition or at home being
These are actually just pretty simple chores, and they only make up perhaps... one-fourth of all the chores that my maid has been doing all this time. My parents and I finally get to be in her shoes and I really think she's a superwoman. Just doing all those tedious chores repetitively everyday... I bet she's made of steel. These are really simple jobs, and yet I'm already complaining to the whole world right here. But then, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" - I'm taking this whole doing chores thing as a training. It will be good training for my life while studying abroad. Though right now I'm glad that I'm still in Brunei and still staying at home with my family. My mum still cooks dinner for me and do the ironing for me, my dad still makes me breakfast and lunch. You guys should spend some of your time doing chores... then you'll appreciate what your parents or maid are doing for you everyday. Haha trust me on this. To those of you who have always been doing chores at home, congrats, I pay my respects to you - you guys have been handling it much better than me.
But what is my true goal of posting all this crap here? STOP ANNOYING ME :D Scroll back up and read the short example conversation! I hate it when people ask me stuff like have you done your homework?/did you study?/did you read...?/do you know how to do etc. etc. It seriously annoys/irritates/bugs/stresses me out because I just don't get as much time to do my stuff anymore. It's nothing personal, I just don't like it. Please just give me some space! (or I'll have to start getting really emo and cut my own wrists - kidding)
But still, I'm glad I had a good one hour of American Idol today. LOL!
PS. Yu Ting finished up her M&M's. I would love to see people beating her up on Saturday.
