<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5587044897209932461?origin\x3dhttp://wennnnnnnnnn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>







Wednesday, August 27, 2008
4:35 PM

At 12.35 pm, while walking past St. Margaret's to our Grandpa's car...
Wen: =O MONEY!
Yung: -bends down and snatches-
Wen: Hey! I saw it first!
Yung: $5-$5
Wen: Okay.
Wen and Yung: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

LOL Apparently I saw a 10 dollar note on the grass. Lucky day?

Tomorrow, mock starts. =S Luckily it's just a language subject - Chinese. I have to shower and read through some notes before heading to tuition.

Anyways, today we moved our desks to the hall, and the names of 2008-2009 prefects were announced. It's so... sad. Time really flies and before you know it, another batch is taking your place soon. Graduation is coming soon. GCE is coming soon. AHHHHHH.

So, I was reading the August issue of Reader's Digest... and this funny article title caught my eye. I LOL-ed at it for a long time: Mac Users Are Arrogant Snobs. The article is as follows:

"
If you've seen those Apple advertisments on TV with a young, hip Mac user versus an old, slow PC user, you should get the idea that there's a bit of rivalry between the opposing computer camps. But why? Because they have wholly different personality traits, say branding experts.

Mindset Media, a US branding company that analyses the relationship between consumer behaviour and personality, surveyed 7500 Mac and PC owners. Its finding? Mac users are "snobs". In comparison to PC owners, they're likely to visit Starbucks for coffee more often, buy organic products and drive a hybrid car.

Mindset Media says that people who purchase Macs fall into what it calls the "Openness 5" personality category - which means they are more liberal, less modest and more assured of their own superiority than the population at large.

The rivalry continues..."

Ain't that funny? I AM a Mac user, and I DO LOVE STARBUCKS! If I get to choose, I'd buy organic products and drive a hybrid car. LOL But I hope I'm not arrogant. =X This is so funny. I searched for this article on the Internet and came across a lot of funny comments:

1) "LOL! I don't visit Starbucks or buy organic or drive a hybrid, but in some ways I do think I'm "superior" to the population at large. I generally want the best I can get. I adore quality and competence. If that makes me a smug bastard, so be it."

2) "None of which allow for people like me, who bought a Mac because they find the OS to be far better than competing alternatives and can't be bothered with the 'cheapness' and fiddling required with a Hackintosh.

I know full well what 'capabilities' Windows has and has not, and I know what OS X can and can't do, and there's nothing I need to do that OS X can't handle. Doesn't make me a graphic/video artist, a teacher, a design-fetishist, anti-Microsoft, terrified, or a hippy. It makes me someone who's doing what's best for me, and that's OS X in a computing sense." (PWNZ!)


3) "Damn right. I'm a snob, I'm arrogant because I use a Mac. I know it's better than a PC, and I don't really care what anyone else thinks." (LMFAO!)

4) "That's the spirit! There's nothing wrong with choosing to buy a product, enjoying it and then wanting to teach everyone else how brilliant and fantastic it is. Nothing wrong with that at all."

Those are some of the eye-catching ones. I have to go shower. =)

Apple PWNZ.
LUL.